Popular Posts

Monday, May 6, 2013

Coach Takes money

This is the former coach of Ben McLemore who claims that he took money to steer this Kansas star into fame and fortune. Darius Cobb , the former coach  said that he has accepted two payments of 5,000 dollars in order to get Ben into the spotlight.

This is his response to what he has done: 'I want the media, KU Fans, and public to know University of Kansas, Head Coach Bill Self, nor any members of the Athletic Department had any knowledge or involvement,' Cobb said in an exact wording of his statement .Repeating what he said in the USA Today article, Cobb added: 'I don’t want to hurt the McLemore family, I want to protect the family. If there had to be a bad guy, if there had to be a fall guy, let it be me, as opposed to ruining a great kid who has busted his butt to get where he is. Let me be the crooked AAU coach. I was willing to take the brunt of it for the sake of this kid. I wanted to keep him pure.'

I dont understand this behavior. If you had faith in him that he would make then there would not be any problems now. Depending on where you are there comes a time when you must find out if this is right or wrong. But I believe that this coach definitely made the wrong decision. Many of the people today do not have faith young people. We need to change this and he needs to change what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment